The novatlantis Municipality Energy Maps make building energy visible.
- Energy information at a glance
- GIS maps of all Swiss municipalities
- Incl. data sheet with municipality codes
- Standardized and immediately usable
- Available online
They serve as a planning and decision-making basis for cantons and municipalities, energy consultants and energy service providers. The Municipality Energy Maps in the hectare grid are not subject to data protection. They can therefore be used for public relations work and online publication.
With the Municipality Energy Maps, local and regional potentials can be identified and corresponding priorities set in planning. They serve as a basis for strategy discussions and improve energy planning. In this way they support important decision-making processes. They also strengthen the quality assurance of community data. Finally, the maps enable targeted energy advice and can serve to identify new business models.
The set of Energy Maps for every Swiss Municipality
The set of Energy Maps is available online and comprises a data sheet and four energy maps: The data sheet contains key figures of the municipality on geography, population and land use as well as graphics on the building park and information on methodology and data. The four energy maps show:
- Residential buildings by construction period
- Residential buildings by energy source for space heating generation
- Residential buildings by energy source for hot water generation
- Fuel oil equivalents in litres and permanent resident population
The maps are based on the latest data from the Swiss Statistic for Buildings and Housing (GWS) by the Federal Statistical Office. The maps are GIS (Geographical Information System) maps in a hectare grid. The scale is 1:15,000 to 1:50,000, depending on the size of the municipality, and contains focus sections for larger municipalities. The data sheet and the maps can easily be printed in A3 format.
Additional Map District Heating
The additional district heating card is based on the municipal energy maps and is a special evaluation of the GWS data. In addition to the data sheet with information on how to interpret the data, the map also shows the three energy sources district heating, oil and gas. This simplified representation makes it clear in which municipalities
- a district heating network is available,
- into which areas it has already spread,
- how many buildings are already connected,
- how many buildings can still be connected,
- how large the connection potential is in areas without a connection
The additional district heating card is available separately.
The Federal Statistical Office is currently improving the quality of energy data for building and housing statistics. For this reason, no data from the energy sector are published. As it is not possible to update the novatlantis Municipal Energy Maps, the maps (as at 31.12.2015) will be distributed free of charge.
If you are interested in a set of novatlantis Municipality Energy Maps or the additional Map District Heating of a specific municipality, please contact project leader Regina Flury by e-mail.