The information and exchange platform on energy indicators for cities and municipalities
Everybody knows it, some do it, some do it exemplary, others don’t to anything!
The goal is clear: energy should be used more efficiently in the future and consumption should be reduced. Everyone is called upon to make a contribution – including municipalities, cities and cantons.
Knowledge is not action – but a prerequisite for tackling tasks efficiently and successfully. This is where the tools4energy.ch platform comes into play, with information on application purposes, networks, links and detailed information on applications, methods and tools. It was developed in the framework of the “Energy Accounting” project with support from the Hirschmann Foundation.
Content of the tools4energy.ch web platform
- Description of 11 application purposes of energy performance indicators with information on observation and planning horizons
- Collection of applications for the compilation, maintenance and updating of energy performance indicators
- Filtering of applications according to their application purposes
- Background information on significance, areas of application and success factors
- Collection of good examples
- Links and information on networks of cities and municipalities
- Extensive and up-to-date glossary
- Publications “Toolbox – Energy indicators in the community” and survey “The joy and sorrow of energy indicators”, flipbook and pdf
- Assignment of applications, methods and tools for application purposes by means of mosaic
With these basics, municipalities and cities have extensive material at their disposal to determine the appropriate tool for their purposes. The exchange between municipalities and cities is encouraged through the possibility to comment individual contributions. The comparative presentation of aids, tools and applications makes it easier to classify the services. The glossary allows for better understanding in networks and among project partners. Energy and community consultants can use the platform to inform themselves and provide competent advice to their customers.
A transparent contribution to the implementation of the Energy Strategy 2050 becomes possible!